Show All Details
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured... more details
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
This course is intended for information technology (IT)... more details
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have experience with Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008, and who hold an Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) credential or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) credential (or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) credential or Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) credential) certification and/or equivalent knowledge. They also should be responsible for deploying Windows Server 2008 R2, including the R2 features that enable enhanced functionality of Windows 7 clients, must understand how to use the latest deployment tools and solution accelerators that were updated for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This course is intended for IT professionals experienced on the technologies that Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 R2 include, and who have a Windows Server 2003 or 2008 MCTS or MCITP (or MSCA/MCSE) certification or equivalent knowledge.
This course also is targeted at IT professionals who are responsible for planning and implementing the deployment of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This audience uses graphical administration tools, command-line tools, Windows PowerShell, imaging tools, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Microsoft Solution Accelerators. These IT professionals conduct most server-deployment tasks in a deployment lab, and roll out monitored pilot deployments in a controlled fashion. They use a combination of low-touch and no-touch deployment processes and tools. This audience also deploys these servers from a centralized location, and validates remote server deployments and configurations using remote management tools and scripts.
Before attending this course, students must have:
Able to... more details
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Able to perform server and desktop installation, upgrades, and configuration
- A conceptual understanding of automated deployment
- A basic understanding of the processes in Microsoft Operations Connector Framework, Microsoft Solutions Framework, and ITIL 3.0
- Basic skills with Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Windows command line
- Understanding of, and experience with, monitoring and management tools
- Networking knowledge
- Knowledge of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Knowledge of security
- Understanding of, and experience with, performance monitoring
- Troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity and experience with Windows PowerShell 2.0, Windows Command line, scripting of imaging and virtualization technologies, and general batch scripting.
The audience for this course is IT Professionals... more details
After completing this course, students will be able... more details
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 installation and configuration options, and select an appropriate volume-licensing option for Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Deploy and configure a Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core installation.
- Implement various Windows Server deployment technologies.
- Implement Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments with Windows Deployment Services (WDS).
- Implement Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 deployments with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 (MDT 2010).
- Migrate earlier versions of Active Directory service to AD DS.
- Migrate file and print, and Web servers to Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Migrate remote infrastructure servers to support branch offices.
- Virtualize workloads by migrating physical servers to guests in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2.
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows Server... more details
Module 1: Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Planning Windows Server 2008 R2 Installations
Performing a Windows Server 2008 R2 Installation
Configuring Windows Server 2008 R2 Following Installation
Automating Server Activation Using Microsoft Volume Activation
Module 2: Implementing Deployment Technologies
Selecting a Deployment Strategy
Using the Windows Automated Installation Kit
Working with Images
Working with Unattended Answer Files
Module 3: Using Windows Deployment Services
Overview of Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
Implementing Deployment with WD
Module 4: Implementing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Introducing the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Maintaining Images with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Module 5: Migrating Active Directory Service
Overview of Upgrading Windows Server 2008 R2 Active Directory
Upgrading Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2008 R2
Module 6: Migrating File, Print, and Web Services
Introducing the Windows Server Migration Tools
Migrating File and Print Servers
Migrating Web and Application Servers
Module 7: Deploying Branch Office and Remote Access Services
Implementing Read-Only Domain Controllers
Implementing Remote Infrastructure
Module 8: Migrating Workloads to Microsoft Virtual Machines
Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
Lesson 2: Installing Hyper-V
Lesson 3: Migrating workloads to Hyper-V
Infero Training Ltd is based in the Lace... more details
Infero Training Ltd is based in the Lace Market in Nottingham. Training courses take place at the following locations including Nottingham, Derby, Loughborough, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Burton-on-Trent, Lincoln, Leicester, Sheffield, Stoke-on-Trent, Tamworth, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Birmingham, Solihul, Coventry, Nuneaton, Peterborough, Grantham.